Principles of Nutrition Textbook, Third Edition
Update: This open textbook was developed as part of a Round 7 Textbook Transformation Grant, revised as part of a Round 11 Mini-Grant, and revised again as part of a Round 18 Continuous Improvement Grant. This project is now considered Ancillary Materials in OpenALG due to the primary focus on ancillaries for existing OER.
- Chapter 1: Nutrition Basics
- Chapter 2: Macronutrient Structures
- Chapter 3: Macronutrient Digestion
- Chapter 4: Macronutrient Uptake, Absorption, & Transport
- Chapter 5: Common Digestive Problems
- Chapter 6: Macronutrient Metabolism
- Chapter 7: Integration of Macronutrient Metabolism
- Chapter 8: Micronutrients Overview & Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs)
- Chapter 9: Antioxidant Micronutrients
- Chapter 10: Macronutrient Metabolism Micronutrients
- Chapter 11: Carbon Metabolism Micronutrients
- Chapter 12: Blood, Bones & Teeth Micronutrients
- Chapter 13: Electrolyte Micronutrients
- Chapter 14: Achieving a Healthy Diet
- Chapter 15: Diet and Health- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Chapter 16: Pregnancy and Lactation
- Chapter 17: Nutrition Infancy through Adolescence
- Chapter 18: Adulthood and the Later Years
- Chapter 19: Nutrition and Fitness/Athletes
- Chapter 20: Nutrition and Society
The original chapters are also available on a Georgia Highlands College LibGuide.
Principles of Nutrition
BIOL 2190, PHED 2202
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
University System of Georgia
Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition | Public Health
Jellum, Lisa; Hitzeman, Jason; Knauss, Mark; Henderson, Sharryse; Harnden, Tom; Elsberry, Cynthia; and Ford, Greg, "Principles of Nutrition Textbook, Third Edition" (2018). Nursing and Health Sciences Open Textbooks. 5.