This open textbook for Walking and Jogging for Fitness at Georgia Highlands College was created through a Round Seven ALG Textbook Transformation Grant. Topics covered include:
- Benefits of Walking and Jogging for Exercise
- Getting Started in a Walking and Jogging Program
- Adaptations to Stress
- Technique: The Art of Walking and Jogging
- Nutrition and Energy Requirements
- Injuries and Injury Prevention
- Appendix on Flexibility
Walking and Jogging for Fitness
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 License.
University System of Georgia
Flynn, Scott; Jellum, Lisa; Howard, Jonathan; Moser, Althea; Mathis, David; Collins, Christin; Henderson, Sharryse; and Watjen, Connie, "Walking and Jogging for Fitness" (2018). Nursing and Health Sciences Open Textbooks. 3.